We were learning to paint using different techniques. Maybe I should have learnt to draw first. Anyway, the process (The Calvin way)!:
- Paint the sunset
- Draw the skyline of Auckland on black paper. It is crucial that you do this badly.
- Cut out the skyline. This must also be done terribly.
- Sponge paint the water. Make sure the paper folds over and gets blue on your lovely sunset.
- Glue the skyline on to the paper so that all the tops of the buildings stick out.
How to do it properly!
- Paint the sunset by mixing the colours: Orange, red and yellow
- Draw the skyline of Auckland on black paper. It's easier if you make the buildings very wide.
- Cut out the skyline. This is why it's easier if the building are very wide.
- Paint the water by dipping a small sponge in paint and squishing it against the paper.
- Glue the skyline onto the paper.
- You're done!
Anyway, my next step is to learn how to draw. And cut.