Friday 17 June 2016

T2 W5

So, when I got back from England, a lot of strange things had been invented while I was away. Firstly, we're now doing SDL in this classroom like last year. SDL stands for self-directed-learning which is a fancy teacher word for deciding what subject you want to do and when you want to do it.  And then there's the badly named "Terrific Tuesday" which is bad because A) Tuesday is terrific already and B) It make Tuesday not so terrific. I had to start saying "Merry first part of Tuesday" instead of "Merry Tuesday*".  I also happen to come back just before the 3 way conferences and the book fair week, so I missed out on those (If you didn't know, 3 way conferences are things where the parent comes in too see their child's work and talk to the teacher.). Plus Matariki. I hate Matariki. I mean, I like Matariki, but I don't like the stuff we 'learn' about it EVERY YEAR! AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE WATER CYCLE! AAAAAHHHH!
Penguin says bye, for now...
But if he catches you teaching the water cycle...
Look him in the eye and you'll know what he'll do...

*Note: A Thursday, Wednesday or Monday can be a Tuesday too. But Friday, Saturday and Sunday are slightly better than Tuesday. So they can stay the same.

No comments: