Friday 24 June 2016

Term 2 Week 8

Apparently we've been learning about the solar system. Amazing what these people do while I'm away. Also, the solar system is the big thing this term. Solar system art, solar system inquiry, solar system writing and solar system reading. Maybe not reading. That requires it's own paragraph! Yay!

Welcome to the paragraph entirely for reading! Rather posh. Anyway, the book we're reading is called "The green book." As far as I can see, it's not green. The basic story line so far is: Earth is dying. Bunch of government people allocate planets to groups of people to colonize. Did I mention these are groups of ordinary people? So, where was I, ah yes, the particular group this follows goes to a closer planet that hasn't been checked because nobody cares about them, and, surprise surprise, it goes wrong. There is no edible plant life and the grass is made of sharp glass! SHARP GLASS! WHAT THE HECK PLANET?! And that's where we're up to. Planet sounds nice doesn't it? Slightly solar systemy.

And for the one bit that has nothing to do with the solar system, speeches are coming around again. Again. Which is why my speech is going to be about speeches being a waste of time*. It's pretty good in my opinion, for a speech. Hooray.

My old penguin went on strike, so I had to get a new one. I like this one better. Made it myself instead of using a special letter. Penguin says bye.


*I worry about my sanity sometimes.


No comments: